Monday, February 13, 2006

I've cut my hair

Not just trimmed the ends a bit, oh no I have really really cut it all off... It feels weird not being able to put it up in a pony tail as I am used to doing to keep it away from my face. There wont be a pony tail for ages! But it has it advantages as well, no more frizzy hair in winter when everything is so dry you could almost touch the air inside. And at the moment all I need to do before going to work is ruffle it up a bit, add a bit of hair spray and off I go. It is also fun seeing people doing the double take when they don't recognize me at once. I got to look different if they walk past and then stop and have a second look before saying ' oh it IS you'.

We have had some cold weather for a while but now it is finally easing up a bit with warmer weather in the daytime at least. Right now it is close to 0 and the snow is melting a bit on the sunny sides but still loads of snow left since we had some more the past week. I managed to capture a sun halo with my camera when it was -20 the other day you can really see how misty and cold it is I think. Hopefully it wont be getting that cold again for a while.

1 comment:

Roberta S said...

Maria, I know you're going to love the easy convenience of short hair. I bet it looks great too. Biggest downside from my experience is if you decide to grow it out - that painful in between length when it's too long to 'fluff and go' and too short for a 'ponytail'. I keep mine short short all the time now.

By the way, that was an incredible shot you took. Gorgeous pic with the fog and gentle light.