Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sewing update

I have been busy sewing a bit on my old sewing machine. The Janome Horizon has been sent away since it started playing up sewing normally. The latest news is it could be the circuit board? After a sewing weekend with my friend Mette it started skipping stitches and the zigzag was all over the place. It didn't help changing needles or thread so off it went to my dealer with a note that I am getting very tired off this and want a new machine. And this is without even trying to FMQ. It is a very expensive sewing machine for just sewing straight I'll tell you....

I did finish some projects using my old machine and resolving to do some straight line quilting on a handbag and a tote I was working on just so I could finish them off. I must say the more the Janome is acting up the more I am impressed with my OLD Husqvarna Viking. It is a mechanical one with no chance of FMQ on it but it stitches beautifully and can cope with thickness without starting to skip stitches.... If I have the option at some point I will ask for my money back on the Janome and look into a different brand sewing machine because this is getting ridiculous! To top it off I read the latest sewing magazine from Janome in which they proud themselves on their excellent customer service.... I've never laughed so much!

No comments: