Saturday, December 26, 2009

The more it snows..

I am looking out at a veritable snowstorm. The news predicts that 30 cm of snow will fall during the day and night. That is a lot even for Sweden! We have had to postpone James birthday party since the traffic report seemed very ominous and they were telling people to stay home unless there was an emergency and that isn't often they warn about being Sweden and that we are used to driving in snowy conditions.. My sister would have to drive here from Ludvika over the mountains so we called it off. It was apparently bad enough yesterday when she and Hasse was on their way back home from Hasses parents who live in Falun and it had only barely started snowing then. Better to be safe then sorry we thought.

Christmas has been lovely but a bit exhausting for us both since we managed to get a cold, it was me who got it first and then in the spirit of Christmas I shared it with Jamie so he got it as well. Everything seems to be have been done in a bit of a daze and I didn't really feel like doing much more then the absolutely minimum. The big Christmas dinner was a success though and it was a very relaxed and nice evening with lots of laughter and pressies under the tree. I was still reeling from the chock of getting a Kitchen Aid from my sister and Hasse when I opened my present from Jamie. I got half a camera, but what a camera, a Nikon D5000!! It is a shared present whit Jamie but what a present! Uhm...don't know what to say actually, still in chock. Have another chocolate marzipan ball, it might help...

No comments: